Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Using What I've Been Given

Okay I've totally been negligent with posting again I know no surprise.  But on Memorial Day my dad and I were running a couple errands for my mom and we got to talking about Jesus' parable of the talents.  I narrated it to him so we could both refresh our memories and then we discussed it.  It was really cool to be able to talk so openly about God's word with my dad.  Anyways I got to thinking about how Jesus' parable applies to our lives and came up with the partial answer that the talents that God have given us are things we need to use for His will.  And then I remembered that when the Master came back after entrusting the various amounts of money to all three of his servants, the servants that used their money and doubled it were richly rewarded and put in charge of much.  and then the third servant that buried his master's money was reprimanded because he didn't use his talents to multiply what the Master had.  I was thinking about this and wondered.  Am I using what God has given me--my time, my resources, my talents--for God's will?  What about you guys? 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that parable. But I'm a parable bug anyway. I love the "deeper" meanings behind them. Veyr nice post! LOL to my right are pics of your dog...he's rediculously cute. Can I have him???? LOL :) I hope you had a great weekend, I know I did. Long weekends are always great.
    With Love and Blessings,
    Bleah Briann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I can tell my dog to stay still pretty easily even though he hated having the glasses on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful how one can talk to ones father?! I love talking with my Dad about God, he helps me understand things and to think hard on what God teaches us in what He says.
    Great post!

    P.s. I absolutely love the pictures of your dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you'll be doing more posts soon.
    Also, I've awarded you.

    ReplyDelete