Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wash Me Over and Over Again

okay first of all I haven't posted in ages but what can I say? are you people surprised??? I didn't think so. Anyways so I've had this song idea for a while now and I finally found a Psalm that pretty much sums up what I've been thinking. Its Psalm 51 and its about when David was confronted by Nathan the prophet of that time about his whole Bathsheba ordeal. The reason I relate to this and want to write a song about it is because sometimes I do some things that are really stupid-like lying to get out of trouble. I do it alot and I don't even flinch about it anymore (I know thats horrible) but than when I go and tell God I'm sorry and ask Him for forgiveness for lying to my mom about telling my brother he's a brat, its so pointless if I'm not intending to stop myself the next time...when you apologize its like telling someone "I'm gonna stop doing this from now on." With me I always seem to forget that I told God I'm sorry and just remember that I've been forgiven. I know David only sinned with Bathsheba once, but I have some things that I just keep doing over and over and over again. The chorus that I've written is right out of Psalm 51.

Wash me
and cleanse my life
Shape me
from the chaos and the strife
Tune me
to your wonderful songs
Keep me
from where I don't belong

For me its a plea to God saying "Lord wash me and help me to stop doing the things I do over and over and over again. Lord shape me and make me everything You want me to be amidst the junk that there is in me. Lord tune me so that I can sing your praises and not be ashamed. Lord Keep me away from all the things I used to do, don't let me fall back into those traps." And so I find myself saying with my actions "Lord wash me and prepare to keep washing me over and over again." This is a really hard battle for me. I don't know about you, but the more I keep doing that one sin over and over again, the harder it is to stop.

P.S. I'll show you the finished song when I have it.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the chorus; I can totally relate. Sometimes, a specific sin can keep on coming back and getting worse--that's when we really gotta cling to our Savior. He is so good and is perfect amidst our imperfections. And He's the one who can forgive us and heal us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible hook Hunter! :D
    Now that I know the meaning behind it, the chorus looks even better!
    And I don't know who couldn't relate to that concept. We all struggle with things- somethings that you can't shake no matter how hard you try. The things that you can't deal with yourself, but you have to bring to God.


    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Hunter, nice work especially with the 6th line, would that be wonderful song?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah guys thanks and jake after reading through that post any ideas for verses???

    ReplyDelete