Monday, August 31, 2009

Nothing's Impossible with God

Hey guys I was thinking... you know how we're growing up and maturing and stuff. Well it occurred to me that God has really been doing a lot of stuff in me and all that stuff I'm doing is forcing me to realize what I'm good at and what I'm not so good at. Part of it is I've realized that I have a passion for farming and farm work. I also to play isnstruments and I hope to get a band started with some of my friends soon. Its been quite an eventful summer this year so I was wondering...what about you? What did God do in you this summer? I was talking with my friends mom and she said to write down everything that God has done for you and to treasure it. Then when you need God you can look back on the other things and remember that nothing is impossible with God.

4 comments:

  1. Great post...yeah, I've seen God a lot in my life: he's reignited my love for piano (a minor thing), and also I have drawn SO much more closer to him this summer.
    So yeah, awesome post.

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good post Hunter... Yeah, I've had a LOT of things that've occured over the summer. Overall, I'm just praying God will reveal to me what he wants me to do with my life, although I've narrowed it down pretty closely...
    But he's done so much!!! At the FLY convention especially. I used to skip out on my daily devotions and just say I'll do it tomorrow. But now, it's kind of a routine and it's not a HAVE TO anymore, it's a WANT TO and I've grown so much closer to Him since then. Great post...

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a lot of things happened this summer, and...I don't know, it's like, a door has closed, and a new one's opened, and while the new one is good, and God-given...I won't be able to go back. I mean, with growing up and all, y'know, I guess that's it, but it's really made me realize what's really important in life. Also, that I am a sinner, and the only way I was saved, was by God's AMAZING grace. And for that, man, I am ETERNALLY thankful. It's so cool when you think about it. I mean, cool in a way that makes me want to cry and dance and sing, that someone could love us so much that he would DIE on a cross for us. And having to bear all of our sins, and (I'm choking up when I write this) it's just so...I don't have anything to describe it. It makes me feel as if I'll burst, and then fly. He is SUCH an amazing God, and He loves us. *deep breath* It's just so...breathtaking and amazing. I've been finding verses in the bible, and realizing ways that I can relate to them, and grow through them, and it's become interesting. And...Ohmiword, God is SO incredible and SO amazing and SO perfect. I am just so...agh, I have no words.

    Hannah

    PS I awarded you with the "Honest Scrap Award", so go to my blog and get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean by realizing what you aren't good at... it is discouraging, but somehow it focuses you back on God. One thing that I have been reminded of again and again is to not judge others.

    ReplyDelete