Sunday, April 26, 2009

Finding The Greater Porpose In The Bad Things That Happen

This is one of my friends recent happenings she made the whole post and I didn't have to do anything so here you go!





Every Sunday for the past two months, I have been going to mission training. We were going to go to San Francisco/Oakland area to do some mission work, like working at a local food shelf and tell people along the streets our testimony. I was super excited. I packed, un-packed, and re-packed like three times. I triple questioned everything i was bringing. I went shopping for clothes and other random things for the trip. My friend and I were always texting and emailing each other a count down for how many days. It was going to be a cool trip, full of new friendships, fun, and most importantly a chance to get closer to God. I was positive that this was finally a thing that wouldn't go beserk on me. You see, ever since finishing 7th grade, nothing has gone the way it has been planed. Summer '08 was supposed to be a fun summer full of friends, family and amazing oppurtunities to go new places. Instead it was a frantic summer where everyone was over stressed. We were trying to fix up and stage our house to get it on the market. for the first time ever i was moving. I wanted a change in secenery, but after 6 months of being homeless... well i wasn't really liking it. I hadn't met that many friends. I'm currently living in an apartment and so i don't have a neighborhood to meet new friends in. I'm homeschooled and we don't go to homeschool meetings so i have no friends at school. The only chance to meet friends was at church. Since i have been traveling back and forth to Minnesota, i haven't really had a chance to meet that many people at church. So this trip was going to be big. It was a chance to meet new people. Throughout mission training i was hanging with some girls, that now are my friends, so i guess good came out of that. but the day before the trip i didn't feel good. My whole family had been takeing turns being sick with influenza for the past month, and i hadn't caught it yet. That morning when i wasn't feeling good, i figured it was because i was carsick from riding in the car all day yesterday (we were looking at houses once again). In the back of my head i knew that i wasn't going to get to leave with the group the next day, but i didn't want to accept it. That night around seven my parents told me that i would not be able to leave the next day. I was to sick. They said that i might be able to go around Wedsnday, but we would have to just see. Throughout the next few days i suffered through stages of weakness and very high fevers. If i ate half a piece of toast that day my mom would be happy. When it was Thursday, i sorta gave up the idea of joining the group. I was mad that i was missing this great oppurtunity, but i knew that there was a reason. A week ago, at training, i had just admitied that i was a control freak, and needed to have a plan for everything. Thats why my favorite verse is Jerimiah 29:11-14, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope, and a future. So come and call and pray to me, and i will listen to you. When you seek me, you find me, when you seek me with your heart. And i will be found by you.' Declares the Lord." I needed to find the reason that i didn't get to go. I figured that going on the trip would be the thing God wanted me to do, considering it would benifit him. I guess he was just trying to teach me a lesson. I think he was trying to get me to fully give him the driver's seat and not worry about what is going to happen tomrrow, or how i'm going to do what i'm going to do. I needed to learn to trust. It's hard for me, not to have control over my life, Not to know what is going to happen, but it's a requirement for life. It always has been and always will be.



I'm going to add to that too (although I couldn't beat it!)

My dad and I had been seaching for a bike for about a month. We made a trip to target one day and we went to the bike section. When we arrived there I saw about five awesome bikes that looked like they fit me. I wanted them so bad but they cost from $175 to $250 and I knew my parents wanted to get me a used one for $100 or less. We figured out what size I was and took that information and looked on craigs list. after a few days my neighbors started to get their bikes out and we began to go off jumps that I had in my garage. I kept having to borrow bikes for like a week. It was so annoying and I was fed up with it. I just wanted to go to target and get one of the cool schwins. My dad kept looking and he found a couple... but they were the wrong color (bright red or light blue) for one and I got more annoyed. towards the end of the week he found one that he thought might work for me. (I wasn't so sure) but on Saturday he picked it up and on sunday morning I saw it! It was AWESOME cannondale and it was $1,000 new! That pretty much sums it up if I would've got a new bike in the store I would've missed out on this amasing bike that I would've never gotter otherwise!



Hope you guys liked it!

11 comments:

  1. That was a great post Hunter! Keep it up! :D

    Namarie,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hunter! :) lol though you spelt perpouse wrong... although i can't spell to save my life, so i guess i can't really point that out :)

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Hunter!!! It was sooooo good!!!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! What should the next post be though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...Hunter, you're posts always have a purpose and some deeper meaning. It's awesome! :D (I use the word 'awesome' too much...)

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I never thought I would get this kind of response from you! Now I'm really pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspiring post. Most of the time we have no idea of God's amazing plans for us, and get frustrated. Great post!

    MoonShaw

    ReplyDelete