Monday, April 20, 2009

Maybe I'm Just Stupid

Okay so maybe I'm the only one who has that feeling. Maybe its just me who's stupid enough to please my friends instead of God but I'm working on it! Rebakah's friend seems to have it! She told me about a kid in her class named Jenna who is one of the most popular girls. Everyone likes her-why? Because she is different. She stands and sings in church, she doesn't care what people think—and the most popular girls in the class hang out with her, even when they don’t talk to anybody else. She told me, "Who knows? Maybe the kids you sit next to won't think you're un-cool. Maybe they'll respect you for it, and stand with you." What do you struggle with in your walk with the Lord?? Something daily that you know you need to change to become a better believer in Christ Email it to me and I'll post it so we can all comment about it and help you solve it!

8 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Yeah, in church, we always sit with my family, but my friends then sit with us, so when I, Jake, my dad, whoever stand up, they do, but I guess that's just a chain reaction thing, that everyone does in our church on the first song

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool!!! Just goes to show that those who express there faith won't be thought of as the wierd ones, but the cool, godly ones that people like to be around...

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, I understand what you mean. Once in church, I felt moved to raise my hands while singing, but was embarassed to do so, so I didn't. But then, several weeks later, I felt moved again, and this time, I did raise my hands, and I felt a deeper connection.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome, glad it helped ;)

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with how i view people different from me. Literally, loving your enemies. I know that it sounds "jesus" like, but it is sooo hard. I don't know if you have enemies, but I have people who hate me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. But, I wouldn't TOTALLY judge someone's relationship with God by if they stand and sing or not! Like, I do that, but I don't have the greatest relationship...I definitely feel him when I sing. That's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!!! I'm glad that my post got some conversation going!!

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete