Friday, April 24, 2009

Who are Our Enemies?

Thanks for all the comments!! I'm encouraged! By the way if you like the blog tell your friends about it too. Who knows maybe they'll get something out if it!? This topic is about loving your enemies. Like Josh said in his comment. I think most of us have a problem with loving our enemies. First I'll define enemy from a thesarus it says stuff like bad person, bandit and betrayer. Do you think these defenitions are true... is it exactly what it means? About a year ago my family and I were checking out some churches. So we went to one of the churches we were thinking of attending. I remember the person delivering the sermon asked the closing question, "What if our enemies aren't who we hate but who thinks that we hate them?" Whoa what in the world thats the craziest thing on earth! Right? Well thats what I thought at first but after I thought about it for a while it started to make sense. The people who think we hate them need to know that we do love them and the bad people need to know that we along with Jesus love them too! Although both defenitions are true I think we need to show kindness to the people who think we hate them along with the bad people the bandits and the betrayers.

7 comments:

  1. Good post again. That's an interesting concept; our enemies are those who think we hate them.

    I'll let some friends know on my blog.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definately relate to that, Hunter, like my neighbor's, jarrid and logan, they used to come over like 4 times a day to c if we could come outside, but usually i said no, cause, i didn't... well u get y, after i while they just started asking if jake could come outside, so... yep, i've tried to go outside more now, but they don't come over as much now that mitch and brandon moved back, they go see if they can come outside more than us, *sigh of relief*,

    Hmmm, i wondering if this is too long of a comment

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Hannah-another good post :]

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post, and there are actually some people in my church who I don't like because it just seems they're purpose in life is to disprove everything i say! Lol, i know it's a little ironic.
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! thanks guys for all the comments again!

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I agree. That's a really interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your definitely welcome about the comments. :D Thanks for your writings. :D

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete