Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Generosity

Generosity...Thats one I could work on. Its not tithing (giving a tenth of your earnings) but giving extra. In Luke 21:1-4 there's a story when Jesus and his disciples are at the temple watching people tithe and it says. As He looked up Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. "I tell you the truth" He said, "This poor widow has put more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

Generous? I think so. In a way she was trusting God to take care of her. Even though many other people gave a larger sum She gave more because she didn't just give a tenth of what she had. She gave ALL of what she had. Thats whats so hard for me; I have so many things I want to buy or save up for but what would it look like if we gave all of our earnings for once? If we gave everything we had to God?!

20 comments:

  1. Yeah I struggle with that too, I mean this world's all about materiliastic things. I don't know if I spelled that word right.
    Well anywayz, what can I say, nice post.

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poor widow's offering was generous, and I think it was also a huge leap of faith. Just imagine if, with no one in the world to support us financially, we emptied out your bank account and pockets and gave it away. It'd be hard to do because that would be placing our entire livelihood in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and i think thats going to be the next blog post!

    Hunter

    PS don't forget to watch the Rob Bell videos their sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that story!
    And I agree with you guys!
    It is hard to give that much!
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, thats always been a struggling point for me, a battle between two different ideals.

    Great post, as usual. (lol, I feel like when we were at the archery thing and after everyone I knew shot I was like "great job, ____", "good job, _____")

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, generosity can be really difficult... Especially here in the United States where we're so wealthy and, most of the time, greedy. Great Post!!! Keep It Up!!!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Rob Bell videos are awesome, there's one in my new post,
    Nice job!!!!

    Cya tommorow

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with what is said before in the comments and the post... generosity is a struggle in this world.
    It's a good job God wasn't selfish and gave ALL He had - His only Son!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just gotta say again, great post.

    So glad you got a blog! :D

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Hunter, apparently Alex and I are competing to see who can rank as the highest commenter. :D I will prevail! :]

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. BUT ALASS!!!! i have just commented 8 pimes and IIIIIIIIII regain the lead

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gotta get on the comment widget!!!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only two more comments!!!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHOHHHHHHHHHHHoOOOOOOOOO

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright, this is the last one... Fewf

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hunter, I just gotta say again, Awesome Post!!!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  17. you guys ore something else. but I have to admit the widget is pretty cool!

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete